Sometimes we need to remind the rest of the world how amazing women are and the struggles they still face all over the world. We have compiled a list of some amazing facts that all need to know:
1. There are currently 17 countries with women as head of government, head of state, or both, which, according to the UN, has more than doubled since 2005.
2. Worldwide, the average life expectancy stands at 68.5 years for men and 73.5 years for women.
3. The first female governor of a US state was Wyoming governor Nellie Tayloe Ross, elected in 1924. Wyoming was also the first state to give women the right to vote, enacting women's suffrage in 1869.
4. Mary, Queen of Scots, was said have been a golf enthusiast, and possibly coined the term "caddie", from the word "cadet".
5. Of the 157 million women currently living in the US, nearly 85.4 million (54 percent) are mothers.
6. The two highest IQs ever recorded on a standard test both belong to women.
7. Researchers have claimed that women speak about 20,000 words a day on average. It’s just 7,000 for men.
8. The average woman owns more than 25 pairs of shoes.
9. Generally considered to be the world’s first novel, The Tale of Genji was written in Japan around AD 1000 by Murasaki Shikibu—a woman.
10. In the culture of the Tiwi of northern Australian, all females must be married at all times.