A Bengaluru boy electrocuted while trying to pluck mangoes

Apr 15 2019 02:05 PM
A Bengaluru boy electrocuted while trying to pluck mangoes

A 13-year-old boy who was enjoying summer holidays was electrocuted atop a mango tree in Jeevan Bima Nagar, Bengaluru, on Sunday morning. The Boy named Bharat spotted a mango on a tree and climbed it. However, he did not notice a live electric wire passing through the tree. He was electrocuted when he used a wet stick to reach the fruit.

also read: Women helpers sexually abused a toddler

Immediately, a passerby rushed the boy to a hospital but he was declared ‘brought dead’. The body was shifted to Bowring Hospital for postmortem.  As stated by a senior police officer, “An 11 KV line of Bescom is covered by the tree. The boy was probably not aware of the live wire passing through the tree. He touched the wire with a stick and got electrocuted, the boy had died in two minutes as it was a high voltage wire” he said.

Bharat was the elder son of Aiyappa and Maralamma, a couple which hailed from Andhra Pradesh and shifted to Bengaluru four years ago. He was studying in Class 7 at a BBMP school in Jeevan Bima Nagar. The incident comes less than two months after a 7-year-old boy was electrocuted after he stepped on a live wire in a park in the city.

also read: Hyderabad Police arrested techie for killing her girlfriend

 

© 2016 News Track Live - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED