Visakhapatnam: After a gas leak at a chemical unit in Vizag district of Andhra Pradesh on Thursday morning, 11 people, including a minor, died tragically and more than 70 people became unconscious. During this time, Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced the assistance amount for the victims.
CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has said that Rs 1 crore compensation will be given to the family of the deceased due to gas leakage. Also, people who are on a ventilator will be given the assistance of Rs 10 lakh. Those who are undergoing treatment in the hospital will be provided assistance of Rs 1 lakh. 25 thousand rupees will be given to the people in the affected area. Those whose animals have died will be given the assistance of Rs 10 thousand.
According to officials, "styrene and pentane gases were possibly the cause of the accident." In many places in the morning where people were seen lying unconscious on one side, dead cattle also appeared on the roadside. Frightened people ran towards hospitals, placing children on their shoulders. The ambulance transported 70 insane people from the area to the King George Hospital. A large number of children are among the admitted patients.