Genetics are always at play behind one’s skin, a little help from a stringent skincare routine and makeup products can take the glow to new heights. Cloud skin was pioneered by a makeup artist, Dominic Skinner, who emphasizes creating a look that involves creating a canvas by blending matte and glowy textures.
This beauty look hits differently because we were so engrossed by creating either matte, glossy, or dewy skin. An interplay can create the illusion of a cloud for which a powder and foundation are key. Cloud skin lends more towards the soft and fluffy base rather than the super-shine face. The blurry effect can effortlessly make your skin look smooth and heavenly with minimal products.
Let’s get close to perfecting cloud skin one step at a time by keeping it light for your skin. Follow these five simple steps :
1. Ensure that your makeup brushes are free of dirt by using store-bought cleansers.
2. Keep your hands and skin clean before starting with the skin prep.
3. Optional, but a good choice: Pick a facial oil that suits your skin type the best and pat it with your fingertips. Do not apply excess quantity and give it some time for your skin to soak up the oil before you start with makeup.
4. Take a luminous foundation and use a beauty blender to dab it on your face and neck.
5. Here’s the main trick: Grab a setting powder to dab excess oil in your skin and blot towards your hairline, your nose, chin, jawline, and inner corners of your eye. This creates a look that is equal parts matte and glowy. This is what the look boils down to create the cloud skin.