Former Bollywood actress Mamta Kulkarni turns 47 today. She was a 90s bombshell who made fans crazy. Born on April 20, 1972 into a Maharashtrian family, Mamta got name and fame quickly in the film industry, but not for much time. In 2000, she went missing, and it was later revealed that she was in touch with the underworld. A look at the personal and profession life of Mamta Kulkarni.
- Mamta Kulkarni started her career in Bollywood with the movie Tiranga in the year 1992. Mamta Kulkarni played a small role in this film which was played by Rajkumar and Nana Patekar. After this, Mamta Kulkarni worked in mera Dil tere liye, but she could not make her identity.
- Mamta Kulkarni gained recognition after posing topless for Stardust, magazine in 1993. And in an interview, she called religious groups hypocrites who attacked her for her topless picture. Here are some interesting facts about Mamta Kulkarni
- After Juhi Chawla and Madhuri Dixit rejected a topless photoshoot for a magazine, Mamta took on the challenge, not worrying about how it would affect her career
- After working with A listed stars like Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and, Aamir Khan, she went missing, in 2000
- In an interview to a Bollywood journalist, she is said to have admitted to being in a relationship with drug mafia Vicky Goswami.
- In 1997, Vicky was arrested and was given a 15-year prison term in Dubai. To save Vicky, Mamta put her career at stake. She left for Dubai, both of them adopted Islam. Mamta changed her name to Ayesha Begum and Vicky to Yusuf Ahmed.
- According to a report, she claimed that when Vicky was jailed, she left doing make up for him. Mamta admitted that still loved Vicky and went through a penance to get him released from prison.
- The name of the duo surfaced in the chargesheet was filed, and the duo was declared absconding since their names surfaced in the case. Goswami is in U.S. custody.
- Kulkarni, who spoke through a pre-recorded video clip at the press conference, said, “They are talking about Rs 2000 crore which I don’t have.