The Punjabi kudi who created a name for herself in the Telugu film industry turns 32 on May 17. She has appeared in more than forty films, and her most notable works include; box office hits such as Mass (2004), Anukokunda Oka Roju (2005), Lakshmi (2006) and Pournami (2006), for which her performance as a Kuchipudi dancer received positive reviews. Her next film, Rakhi (2006) was also a super hit.
In Bollywood, Charmee has worked with Amitabh Bachchan in Bbuddah... Hoga Terra Baap and is wrapping up her shoot schedule for Zilla Ghaziabad.
On this special occasion, we have listed some lesser known facts about the actress.
- She was born in Mumbai to Punjabi-Sikh family and has one sibling, Mickey Uppal
- She debuted at age 15 as a housewife in the Telugu film ‘Nee Thodu Kavali’
- She shook a leg alongside Shahid Kapoor in the item song ‘Gandhi Baat’ from the film ‘R. Rajkumar’
- The versatile actress considers her father as her greatest inspiration
- She is not only an actress but also a producer of Telugu cinema
- She is a trained classical dancer and a professional swimmer
- Apart from Telugu, she has also acted in Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Bollywood films, and has appeared in more than 40 films
- She starred in the Bollywood hit ‘Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap’ alongside Amitabh Bachchan
- She is the proud recipient of many prestigious awards like Nandi Award, CineMAA Award, and Santosham Best Actress award for her notable performances
- She was rumored to be involved with South music director Devi Sri Prasad (DSP) although their current status is still not known
also read: Birthday Special: these facts about Sonal Chauhan will surprise you!