Carlyle Group will buy such a percentage stake in Airtel's data center

Jul 01 2020 04:25 PM
Carlyle Group will buy such a percentage stake in Airtel's data center

Carlyle Group could buy 25 per cent stake in Airtel's data center business 'Nextra Data' for $ 235 million (about Rs 1,780 crore). In this way, the company gave this information in a statement to Badhuwar, in such a situation, the valuation of Nextra is expected to be $ 1.2 billion, which is more than Rs 9,084 crore. So on completion of the agreement, Carlyle will have a 25 per cent stake in the industry and Airtel can hold the remaining 75 per cent stake. Bharti Airtel said in a statement, 'Bharti Airtel and Comfort Investments today announced an agreement under which Comfort Investments will invest $ 235 million in Nextra Data Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Airtel and the data center business. Is present in Comfort Investments Investment Fund Manager is an affiliated entity of Cap v Mauritius Ltd, managed by entities affiliated with the Carlyle Group.

Regulatory approvals are to be taken for the deal, including the approval of the Competition Commission of India. NexTra is headquartered in New Delhi. It provides data center services to major Indian and global enterprises, startups, small and medium businesses and governments. In addition, the statement said, 'Nextra has 10 large data centers and more than 120 edge data centers across the country, providing consumers with co-location services, cloud infrastructure, managed hosting, data backup, disaster recovery and remote infrastructure management. Services. The statement stated that demand for secure data centers in India is growing rapidly and consumer demand for digital services continues to grow.

According to the statement, the company had set up a data center in Pune over the past several years and is building new centers in Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata. According to the statement, Nextra will use the proceeds from the deal to fund its infrastructure across the country To strengthen. Commenting on the deal, Gopal Vittal, MD and CEO (India and South Asia) of Bharti Airtel said, “At Airtel we have built a strong data center portfolio that is ready for the future. Security and data privacy of our consumers are top priorities for us.