Although cakes are made in many types, sponge cakes are the best. Not only that it works perfectly for all occasions. Sponge cakes are easy to cook and require less ingredients. So if you want to make your weekend tea time special, then you are thinking about the right recipe. If you love vanilla, try this recipe once.
1 tsp - vanilla extract
1 tsp- baking powder
½ tsp- baking soda
1 cup - yogurt
1/2 cup - vegetable oil
½ cup walnuts (crushed)
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup - castor sugar
* Set your cake tin with parchment sheet and pre-heat your oven at 180 ° C.
* Then mix dry ingredients in a glass bowl and keep aside.
* Mix curd in a small bowl, a pinch of baking powder and cover it with a lid and keep it aside. After that let the foam come.
* Now castor sugar and oil to the well mixed. Mix it in yogurt and baking powder solution.
* Finally, add vanilla extract and dry ingredients to this solution and fold using a spatula until there are no lumps inside the solution.
* If you want crisp taste then add chopped walnuts. Lastly, bake at 180 ° C for forty minutes or until the knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
* You can make it gooey with a layer of cream or chocolate ganache. Apart from this, you can decorate freshly chopped fruits on this cake.