Fire breaks out at School of economics dept, short circuit caused the flames

Indore: A fire broke out at School of Economics, an entity of Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), on Wednesday afternoon, no major losses reported. . The source of the fire was not immediately known but the faculty believes that short circuit caused the flames. The fire incident took place in the conference hall near the School of Economics director's Prof PN Mishra's chamber.

On seeing smoke emitting out of the conference hall, a non-teaching staff pressed the panic button. When halls were opened, flames engulfed some furniture inside. The fire brigade was informed. Before the firefighters reached the department, the faculty members with help from non-teaching staff doused the flames using fire extinguishers. This is the second incident of fire in the School of Economics.

Six years ago, a fire broke out at an auditorium of the department destroying it completely. That incident took place, a day before the arrival of a peer team of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for assessing the standards of DAVV. At that time, the short circuit had caused the fire, inflicting a loss of about Rs 60 lakh to the university.

Short circuit led a bus catches fire in UP

Dewas - vehicle catches fire after collision, 3 charred to death as

NGT continues ban on firecrackers amid Christmas and New Year

 

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -