Hong Kong enters fourth wave of COVID 19

The coronavirus cases rose once again in Hong Kong, in an effort to protect the children from contracting the novel coronavirus, the local government decided to suspend all in-person classes for the lower primary school students. The city’s top health official said the situation in the city was 'severe' following which the decision to shut Primary schools was made. 

The announcement reads Students from classes I to III will shift to online classes from Monday, on an urgent basis.  Last week, city's kindergartens were ordered to shut down immediately as the cases surge. On Friday, the city reported 26 cases of which local cases are 21. This surge has might be the fourth wave for the city, says Health Secretary Sophia Chan. The secretary urged people to cancel all gatherings and stay home as much as possible. "I would appeal to people to stop all unnecessary gathering activities because the situation is severe now in Hong Kong," Chan said. “In the past week, we have already tightened many of our measures, including border control measures, quarantine measures, hotel regulation measures and also some of the social distancing measures". 

An air bubble between Hong Kong and Singapore was about to begin, for which the passengers were required to go through a COVID-19 test, but did not have to quarantine themselves upon arrival in either of the countries. However, only Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines were allowed to carry out operations in this bubble. This surge came few days prior to the start of air bubble. Hong Kong has recorded nearly  5,500 coronavirus cases and 108 COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic broke out in December 2019. 

Air India passengers test COVID positive, Hong Kong bans flights for 5th time

Unilever claims, 'Its mouthwash can kill coronavirus in 30 seconds'

California's New Covid Curfew Spares Tesla Workers

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -