Monsoon is the season,where everyone loves to eat fry and hot dishes.So just try Mumbai style Idli fry this monsoon !
Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 4-5 idli pieces or as required
- chaat masala or pav bhaji masala or red chilli powder or idli podi as required
- salt as required
- oil to deep fry or shallow fry the idlis
- cut the refrigerated or day old idlis into fingers, as shown below.
- heat oil in a kadi or pan till medium hot. add the idli fingers and deep fry till light golden or slightly more.
- ideally, the fried idli pieces should be crisp from outside and soft from inside. you can also pan fry or shallow fry them.
- remove the smaller pieces first as they will get fried quickly. drain the fried idlis on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- sprinkle either red chilli powder or pav bhaji masala or chaat masala or idli podi on top and some salt. just mix well so that masala coated evenly.
- serve the idli fry with sambar or coconut chutney or tomato sauce.