In this era of technology, every person keeps a mobile phone according to their budget. But if your mobile phone is lost or stolen, then not only you are financially harmed, but your privacy and security are in danger. At present, many types of banking fraud can be done using mobile phone data. The criminal events can also be executed, due to which you may have to go to jail.
In the same way, if your mobile phone is stolen, then block your mobile phone with immediate effect, then no one will be able to use it. It will not be able to sell the stolen phone, because no network will support the blocked mobile.
How to block mobile phone:
1. If the mobile phone is stolen, you must first register an FIR in the police station. Mobile theft report can be filed offline as well as online mode. After registering the complaint, the complainant must take a copy of the FIR and the Complaint Number.
2. After this, one has to visit the portal ceir.gov.in of Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR). CEIR has the data of every mobile phone in the country such as phone model, SIM and IMEI number, with the help of which the stolen mobile is searched. Simultaneously, the mobile can be blocked and unlocked.
3. On clicking Ceir.gov.in, you will see three options Block / Lost Mobile, Check Request Status and Un-Block Found Mobile. After this, you have to click on the Stolen / Lost Mobile option to block the stolen phone. After this, a page will open, in which you will have to enter your mobile details.
4. Mobile number, IMEI number, device brand, company, invoice to purchase the phone, phone lost date have to be entered as mobile details. Apart from this, state, district, area of phone theft and Complaint number will have to be entered in the form of mobile details. In addition to this, Police Complaint Copy will have to be uploaded. After filling the complete details, it has to be uploaded.
5. After that, click on Add more complaint, in which the name, address, Aadhar card of the mobile owner along with PAN card, driving license and identity will have to be entered. After this, you have to enter your mobile number for the last time.
Then an OTP will go to your number. After this, the verification process will be completed. In this way, the mobile phone can be blocked by submitting the final. If any detail is found about the phone, it will also be sent to the consumer.