This is a great recipe for when you are in the mood to make jelly but have no fresh fruit on hand.Learn how to make perfect orange juice jelly:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 1/2 cups water1
- (1.75 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 4 1/2 cups white sugar
- 6 half pint canning jars with lids and rings
- Place the orange juice concentrate, water, and pectin in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Once the mixture reaches a boil, add the sugar, and return to a simmer, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and skim off any scum that has formed at the top.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pour the jelly into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/2 inch of the top. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then carefully lower the jars into the pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all).