Life Story Of Manoj Kumar
Manoj Kumar is a legendary Bollywood actor who is famous for his acting skill and directing movies based on patriotism. He has given many forgettable performances in Bollywood movies which made him a legendary actor. On was born on 24 July 1937 in Abbottabad (now in Pakistan). On 80th birthday of this veteran actor, here are few interesting facts about his personal and professional life which you would like to know.
- The real name of Manoj Kumar was Harikrishna Giri Goswami.
- At the age of 10, his family moved to Delhi and he has done his graduation from Hindu college
- He was a big fame of Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar. Even he named himself as Manoj Kumar’ after Dilip Saab in Shabnam
- In 1957, He made his debut in film ‘fashion’
- He directed and acted in the movie ‘Upkaar’ on the request of former Prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri and he also received film fare award for that film
- He married to Shashi Goswami and he has two sons Vishal and Kunal
- In 1992, He was awarded Padma Shri by the Indian Government
He gave up acting in 1995 because his movies were not doing well at box office.