2 tbsp butter
2 1/2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup warm milk
3/4 cup boiled and crushed sweet corn kernels
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/3 cup grated processed cheese
salt to taste
bread crumbs for coating
oil for deep-frying
To Be Mixed Into A Batter
1 cup plain flour (maida)
3/4 cup water
1. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and cook for 1/2 minute.
2. Add the milk and allow to simmer till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously.
3. Remove from the flame and transfer to a plate.
4. Add the corn,cheese, coriander, green chillies and salt. Allow it to cool completely.
5. Once cooled, mix well and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape each into a round ball.
6. Dip a few balls at a time in the flour-water mixture and roll them in the breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
7. Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls a few at time on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve with tomato ketchup !