Maha Shivratri Puja Vidhi: Today is Maha Shivaratri. Along with this, Mahashivratri is considered a big festival of Hindus. On this day, devotees offer special prayers to please Lord Shankar. Along with this, this day is also known as 'Great Night of Shiva'. At the same time, it is said that on this day Lord Shiva saved the earth from being destroyed. Whole worshipers surely get the blessings of Bhole Baba. Let us know that by offering things on the Shivling, the fruits of worship get.
To please Lord Shiva, do these 10 things on him
1. Milk- Anointing of Bhole Baba with milk is considered very virtuous. Along with this, by offering milk, the person is always healthy and disease-free. According to Vishnupuran, during the churning of the ocean, Shiva had ingested all the poison in his throat, due to which his whole body started turning blue. Then all the gods anointed him with milk and the effect of the poison reduced on them. Since then, milk is very dear to Lord Shiva.
2. Water- If you offer water on the Shivling while chanting 'Om Namah Shivaya', your mind will be calm and you will feel compassion. It is believed that the gods had poured water on them to reduce the effects of poison. Since then he has been beautified under the name of Neelkanth.
3. Sugar- Sugar is also offered on Shivling on Mahashivaratri. It is beneficial to offer sugar to Bhole Baba on this auspicious occasion. It will never lack fame, glory, and fame in your house and their blessings will always remain.
4. Saffron- Tilak of Lord Shiva with red saffron brings mildness in life and ends Manglik Dosha. It is said that if you do tilak with saffron on your business documents on Mahashivratri, then all the hurdles will go away and the business will never go down.
5. Perfume - Sprinkling perfume on Shivling is considered auspicious. By spraying perfume, our mind is purified and we are free from tamasic tendencies. By sprinkling perfume on Bhole Baba, the devotees get goodwill and they never deviate from the path of truth.
6. Yogurt- By offering curd to Shiva, a person becomes mature and stability in his life comes. It is also believed that if Bhole Baba is offered yogurt regularly, then all the obstacles and difficulties of life are removed.
7. Ghee - Desi Ghee is a sign of strength. Therefore, anointing with ghee on Shivling makes a person strong. Apart from this, offer ghee to Lord Shiva for getting children. By doing this, the child's cry will definitely be heard in the house.
8. Chandan- According to Ved Puranas, applying sandalwood to Mahakal gives attractive form to a person and there is no lack of honor, honor, and fame in his life.
9. Honey- Honey means sweet. It is believed that Bhole Baba never hates any kind of malice towards anyone. Applying honey to Shiva brings sweetness in commerce and awakens the spirit of benevolence in the heart.
10. Bhang - Lord Shiva and Bhang have a very deep relationship. It is said that hemp was also used to reduce the effect of poison at the time of ocean churning. In our Puranas, cannabis has been seen as a divine medicine, due to which treatment of skin diseases is possible.