Mandaviya Emphasizes Govt's Commitment to Healthcare Coordination with States
Mandaviya Emphasizes Govt's Commitment to Healthcare Coordination with States

New Delhi: Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya affirmed the Modi-led government's unwavering commitment to collaborate closely with state governments in the healthcare sector. Despite political differences among parties, the government's paramount objective remains the collective advancement of the nation.

In his statement, Mansukh Mandaviya stressed the importance of national unity in a democratic system, where diverse political parties coexist. He emphasized the government's consistent efforts to foster cooperation with state administrations. Underlining the financial aspect, Mandaviya explained that the prevailing funding model operates on a 60:40 ratio, with the Central government contributing 60% of the funds and the state government providing the remaining 40%.

This funding model also extends to the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres (AB-HWCs), with approximately 150,000 of these centers established nationwide as part of the government-sponsored Ayushman Bharat Yojana. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Central government and state governments outlines specific guidelines, including branding standards, ensuring uniform operation of these clinics across the country.

Mandaviya cited initiatives like the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, National Health Mission, and Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission as exemplary efforts in this direction.

Discussing the surge in non-communicable diseases, Mandaviya attributed it to changing lifestyle and dietary habits. AB-HWCs are transforming the delivery of comprehensive primary healthcare services, offered free of charge and spanning all age groups, from birth to death, through a continuous care approach. These centers aim to extend healthcare services to even the remotest regions of the country, with over 8.5 million teleconsultations conducted through e-Sanjeevni, averaging nearly 400,000 teleconsultations daily.

Furthermore, AB-HWCs have established 2-3 centers in urban areas under the Urban Primary Health Centre-Health and Wellness Centre (UPHC-HWC) initiative, bolstering outpatient care and catering to populations of 15,000 to 20,000.

Mandaviya urged public awareness regarding the evolving lifestyle patterns and the increasing prevalence of non-communicable diseases such as hypertension and cancer. He emphasized early detection and regular health screenings as crucial aspects of wellness promotion.

Regarding the escalating incidence of heart attacks, Mandaviya disclosed that the government is conducting a comprehensive study. He attributed the rising cases to lifestyle choices and dietary habits, advocating for a proactive approach to preventive care, including yoga and exercise, to mitigate the prevalence of such cases.

Everything You Should Know About Blood Tests and How They Help


Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group
Related News