Prepare the family for great flavors with this video for Memphis-Style Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken. Memphis-style chicken is barbecue done right.
What You Need
- 1 whole chicken (4 lb.), cut up
- 1/2 cup HEINZ BBQ Sauce Memphis Sweet & Spicy
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Let's Make It
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Trim and discard excess fat from chicken.
- Grill 10 min. on each side. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients until blended.
- Brush chicken with half the barbecue sauce mixture; grill 10 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), turning and brushing occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
- Serve with smart sides, such as a hot baked potato and your favorite steamed fresh green vegetable.
How to Prevent Food From Sticking to the Grill
- To prevent food from sticking to the grill, lightly brush the grill grate with vegetable oil before preheating the grill. Or, spray the cold grill grate with cooking spray.
Keeping it Safe
- When brushing poultry, meat or fish with sauce during grilling, be sure to discard any unused sauce. Serve the grilled food with fresh sauce to ensure that no bacteria from the raw meat contaminates the cooked meat.
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 0g