One student dies of food poisoning in Kerala, 18 students admitted to hospital

Kochi: A case of the death of a student due to food poisoning in Kerala's Kasargod district has come to light. A 17-year-old schoolgirl died and 18 others have fallen ill after eating shawarma at a food stall in Cheruvathur town of the district. The medical officer of Kasargod has informed that a team of doctors, including a paediatrician, examined Devananda (the deceased) but could not save her life. A total of 18 students have been admitted to the hospital and their condition of all is stable. 

After coming to know about the matter, Kerala Health Minister Veena George has directed an inquiry into the incident and has called for a report from the authorities. Meanwhile, the shop where the students had eaten the shower has been sealed and the cook has been taken into custody by the police. The police team is interrogating the cook about the incident.

MLA M Rajagopalan Trikaripur said, "The shop has been closed and the cook has been taken into custody. The main reason for this may be food poisoning. The health department is monitoring the situation. A special team has also been formed to investigate the case. Police have taken the body of the deceased student into custody and sent it for post-mortem and started investigating the matter.   

UP police beat up daughter to catch history-sheeter! Inspector suspended

Corona infection continues to rise, 3157 new cases detected in 24 hours

Plane stuck in storm, 40 passengers injured during landing

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -