Share:
Outpatient care in this country suspended due to new outbreak
Outpatient care in this country suspended due to new outbreak

Hospitals in Nanjing city of the coastal Chinese province Jiangsu have discontinued outpatient appointments as the country is facing a resurgence of COVID-19 cases. As of Sunday, a total of 215 local COVID-19 cases had been confirmed in the city. The media reported that Nanjing hospitals will now only be authorised to give emergency assistance to those in need and all other appointments are being cancelled. The city authorities did not specify when the outpatient care will resume at hospitals.

Last week, health officials in Nanjing had stated that the prevailing virus outbreak in the city likely resulted from infected patients who arrived from Moscow in July. Local media reported new infection cases have been reported in over 20 other Chinese cities that could be traced back to the new outbreak in Nanjing. As the new COVID-19 cases have been reported in at least 18 Chinese provinces, experts in the country have raised warnings due to the latest outbreak in the country fuelled by the spread of the Delta variant.

Let us tell you that Chinese public health officials on Sunday said the ongoing outbreak is the most dangerous one since the initial outbreak in Wuhan. The experts said more attempts are needed to plug the loopholes in the infection control work while stressing the need to advance the mass vaccination drive. Epidemiologists in the country estimated that the latest outbreaks are still in the early stages and insist that the situation is under control. However, the disease specialist has expressed concern over the latest outbreak in Zhangjiajie city.

Ending Israeli settlement in the Palestinian terrains important step for trust-building

Hearing of Raj Kundra's bail postposned till August 7

Dalit Bandhu to be launched on August 16

Related News
Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group