A soft, nutty, creamy and spongy cake layered with a chocolatey fudge. A must try for "no egg eaters"!
150 gm flour, 125 gm whole wheat flour, 50 gm cocoa, 10 gm baking powder, 225 gm castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence, 9 Tbsp oil, 350 ml water, Decorate cocoa powder and chopped nuts, 50 gm butter
3 Tbsp milk, 250 gm icing sugar, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1-2 Tbsp milk
1. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl then Add sugar and essence. Gradually pour in water and oil. Beat into a thick batter.
2. Now, Pour into a greased and lined 8" tin. Bake at 160 degree C for about 45 minutes.
3. Cool slightly before turning out the cake.
4. For icing, Add milk to melted butter.
5. Beat in icing sugar and cocoa adding more milk if required.
6. Spread over the cake.
7. Sprinkle cocoa and decorate with chopped nuts.