NEW DELHI: A 10-year-old boy who was sodomised on September 18 in Delhi's Seelampur location by three of his young buddies, including a relative, has died due to complications from his wounds.
Two of the accused have been found, but the third is still at large. One of the two people that were detained was actually brought before a Juvenile Justice Board.
An official stated that despite the event occurring on September 18, it wasn't until September 22 that they received word from the LNJP Hospital that a boy, about the age of 10, had been admitted due to a serious physical attack.
The parents of the infant were visited by a police team as soon as they arrived at the hospital, but Sanjay Kumar Sain, the deputy commissioner of police for the northeast area, claimed they would not provide any statement.
The DCP claimed that despite frequent contact by the Investigative Officer, to whom the call was marked, the family did not provide a statement until September 24. The police arranged for a counsellor from "Sakhi" to meet with the mother of the injured kid on September 24.
The DCP said , "after extensive counselling, the mother of the child admitted that three days prior, on September 18, his three friends had physically abused and sodomised her son."
Accordingly, the police opened an investigation into the occurrence and filed a FIR under sections 377 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code read with section 6 of the POCSO Act.
It was discovered throughout the inquiry that the victim and the accused boys were neighbours and friends, and that they are both between the ages of 10 and 12.
"One of the defendants is a relative of the victim. They also are members of the same locality and New Seelampur Jhuggis locals "a senior official said. The incident was initially brought to light by Swati Maliwal, the chair of the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW).