TMC Leader Threatens to Drown Hindus: Humayun Kabir's Controversial Remarks
TMC Leader Threatens to Drown Hindus: Humayun Kabir's Controversial Remarks

Kolkata: A Trinamool Congress leader from Bharatpur has ignited a major controversy by threatening to drown BJP workers in the Bhagirathi river within two hours. Addressing a party's booth workers meeting at Shaktipur in Murshidabad, the MLA made offensive comments, stating that there are only 30% Hindus in Murshidabad, while the rest 70% are Muslims.


In a video of his speech, the leader can be heard saying, "I will leave politics if I don’t drown you people (referring to BJP workers and Hindus) in the Bhagirathi River within two hours. I will not let you people stay in the Shaktipur. You are 30 per cent people, we are also 70 per cent here."

Reacting strongly to the remarks, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) condemned the TMC lawmaker's offensive statements. Party leader and IT chief Amit Malviya highlighted the plight of Hindus in the area, stating that they are facing new threats despite being refugees who fled Bangladesh to avoid religious persecution.

This is not the first time Humayun Kabir has stirred controversy. He previously opposed former cricketer Yusuf Pathan's Lok Sabha candidacy, calling him an "outsider." Kabir also demanded the replacement of "Muslim leaders" in the Murshidabad party committee, arguing that the Muslim community should be adequately represented in the leadership.

Kabir warned the Trinamool Congress high command that the community would turn against the party if their demands were not met. He insisted on the removal of Shaoni Sinha Roy and her replacement with a competent Muslim leader, emphasizing the need to fulfill the aspirations of the people of Murshidabad who supported the party in the 2021 elections.

CBI Launches Probe into Alleged Land Grabbing by Trinamool Congress Leader in Sandeshkhali

Highway Section Collapse in Southeastern China: Death Toll Rises to 48

Kerala’s Marad Massacre: Eight Hindus Killed in Planned Extremist Attack



Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group
Related News