plain flour (maida)
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
1 tsp carom seeds
enough water for binding
2 cups steamed corn kernels
2 tbsp dry roasted besan
1 tbsp chopped green chillies
12 mm piece grated ginger
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves leaves
4 tbsp roasted and crushed peanuts
1/2 tsp roasted cumin coarsely crushed
1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds, coarsely crushed a pinch of asafoetida powder
3 tsp oil
oil for deep frying
1. Combine the flour,carom seeds,salt,ghee in a bowl.Add required water to make a stiff dough.Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
2. Steam the corn till done and cool.Grind half of the corn kernels into coarse paste (without adding water)
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and dry roast the chick pea flour on low flame till fragrant.Keep aside.
4. In another non stick pan heat 2 tsp oil,add fennel seeds,chopped green chillies,grated ginger,cumin powder,asafoetida powder,roasted chick pea flour and mix well.
5. Add in the other half of the corn,chat masala,crushed coriander seeds and cook till the mixture leaves the side of the pan and is dry.
6. Add in the crushed peanuts,chopped mint and green coriander and mix well and keep aside to cool.
7. Divide dough into 10 portion.
8. Flatten each portion slightly and fill 1 or a bit more of the prepared corn mixture.
9. Shape into a ball and roll into disk.
10. Heat the required amount of ghee in kadhai and deep fry each kachori till golden and crisp.
11. Drain on absorbant paper and serve with khattee meethee chatni or the chutney of your choice.
Serve hot with Chatni..