Goddess Durga or Devi or Maa is considered the root cause of creation, preservation and annihilation. The ‘Shakti’ form is manifested as the protector of the universe. Shakthism, a part of Hindu religion has Devi as predominant God of Worship. The Goddess aura is extended from northern states to southern tip in a manner that is incomprehensible. Out of various temples dedicated to Shakthi including Shakthi Peedams, we will see 6 temples here.
1. Vaishno Devi, Jammu and Kashmir: It is located amidst the Trikuta Mountain, which is 61 kilometres north of Jammu. Vaishno Devi is accessible all through the year; however winter months are bit difficult for the visit.
2. Mansa Devi Temple, Uttarakhand : Mansa Devi temple is situated in Badi Lambore (Lambore Dham) village on Sadulpur-Malsisar-Jhunjhunu road near Haridwar.
3. Chamunda Devi Temple, Himachal Pradesh : The sacred shrine is located a few kilometres from Palampur and has the deity in the wrathful form is situated in the banks of the River Baner.
4. Kamakhya Temple, Assam : The temple is situated on Nilachal Hill at a distance of about 8kms west of the Guwahati city.
5. Amba Mata Temple, Gujarat : Amba Mata Temple is situated in Junagadh, Gujarat.
6. Dakshineswar Kali Mandir, Kolkata : Situated along the Vivekananda Bridge north of Kolkata, Dakshineswar Kali Temple is famous for its association with Ramkrishna who is believed to have achieved spiritual vision here.
Here's is the transparent Shivling of Lord Shiva, even the Britishers wanted it
Navratri: Huge crowd of devotees gather at Mumbadevi temple for darshan
All temple will remain open in Madhya Pradesh during Navratri: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan