Goddess Durga or Devi or Maa is considered the root cause of creation, preservation and annihilation. The ‘Shakti’ form is manifested as the protector of the universe. Shakthism, a part of Hindu religion has Devi as predominant God of Worship. The Goddess aura is extended from northern states to southern tip in a manner that is incomprehensible. Out of various temples dedicated to Shakthi including Shakthi Peedams, we will see 6 temples here.
1. Vaishno Devi, Jammu and Kashmir: It is located amidst the Trikuta Mountain, which is 61 kilometres north of Jammu. Vaishno Devi is accessible all through the year; however winter months are bit difficult for the visit.
2. Mansa Devi Temple, Uttarakhand : Mansa Devi temple is situated in Badi Lambore (Lambore Dham) village on Sadulpur-Malsisar-Jhunjhunu road near Haridwar.
3. Chamunda Devi Temple, Himachal Pradesh : The sacred shrine is located a few kilometres from Palampur and has the deity in the wrathful form is situated in the banks of the River Baner.
4. Kamakhya Temple, Assam : The temple is situated on Nilachal Hill at a distance of about 8kms west of the Guwahati city.
5. Amba Mata Temple, Gujarat : Amba Mata Temple is situated in Junagadh, Gujarat.
6. Dakshineswar Kali Mandir, Kolkata : Situated along the Vivekananda Bridge north of Kolkata, Dakshineswar Kali Temple is famous for its association with Ramkrishna who is believed to have achieved spiritual vision here.