Tamil superstar and National award-winning actor Vikram Chiyaan celebrating his 53rd birthday today. The actor is famous for undergoing drastic transformations for his roles and is also labeled as ‘Chritain Bale of Tamil cinema’, for is the quest for perfection. Today, the 17th of April, Vikram celebrates his 53rd birthday. His struggle in the industry and success are an inspiration to all those people who believe in themselves and in hard work. Today being the birthday of Chiyaan Vikram, the consummate star actor, we are pleased to present a special Wednesday Trivia in which we bring a few lesser known facts about him.
- Vikram Did Ads before he came to the film industry.
- “Vikram started his career by modeling and acting in some serials. He has acted in a large number of Malayalam and Telugu movies.
- His movie Ravanan which was directed by Manirathnam was the first Indian film to be dubbed in Germany.
- Vikram’s Father was also an actor who will be seen in some of Tamil films such as “Gilli” and “Thiruppachi”
- Vikram struggled for seven years to get recognized in the cinema industry. He found fame as a print model but failed to secure any movie roles.
- His uncle is the Malaiyur Mambattiyan actor Thiagarajan which makes Actor Prashanth, Vikram’s first cousin.
- He went on to do an English degree at Loyola college, alongside Arvind Swamy, Telugu star Venkatesh and his favorite director, Dharani.
- Vikram was the first choice for Mani Ratnam's 'Bombay' and he even did a photo shoot with Manisha Koirala but later had to walk out due to unforeseen circumstances and Arvind Swamy replaced him. Many years later the duo worked together in 'Ravanan'.
- He gave his voice for actors like Prabhu Deva Ajith and Abbas.
- Vikram Lost 30kg for ‘I’ movie.
- We wish the much-loved actor, a very happy birthday and many more to come. May he continue to entertain and satisfy the audience forever.