Share:
Jharkhand: Cabinet nodes 4 ambitious schemes for students, youths
Jharkhand: Cabinet nodes 4 ambitious schemes for students, youths

Ranchi:  The Jharkhand Cabinet has approved four comprehensive programmes to support youth and student skill development and education. The programmes include the Mukhya Mantri Shiksha Prothsahan Yojana (MMSPY), the Eklavya Prasikshan Yojana (EPY), the Guruji Student Credit Card Yojana (GSCCY), and the Mukhya Mantri Sarathi Yojana from the Department of Higher and Technical Education and the Department of Labor (MMSY).

cabinet secretary Vandana Dadel said:  "President Droupadi Murmu will officially introduce these initiatives on Jharkhand's Foundation Day on November 15."  The cabinet meeting chaired by CM Hemant Soren  has approved the four schemes and 34 other agendas.

Under the MMSPY, Class 10 graduates will receive free instruction at nationally renowned Jharkhand-based schools for the engineering, medicine, common law admission test, mass communication, fashion design, hotel management, and chartered accounting entrance exams.

"In addition to free coaching, a provision of Rs 2,500 in scholarships per month has also been made for the student's lodging and other costs.  The department hopes to assist 8,000 children from the programme each year. 
A comprehensive guideline for selection of students and coaching institutions will be issued soon. job-oriented free coaching will be provided for various competitive exams such as the UPSE, Jharkhand public service commission, bank PO, bank clerk, railways and staff selection commission. The department has set a target to provide coaching to 2,700 students in a year.

Mr Purwar said, the  third programme, called GSCCY, is designed to support students who are selected for higher education, engineering, medicine, and other fields financially. Such students will receive credit cards with a maximum 15 lakh rupee limit. Students are allowed to spend up to Rs. 30 lakh on non-educational costs including housing, food, books, laptops, and other items. The remaining 70% will be paid to the institution as fees, with the remaining 30% going to the student, he said.

This credit will be available to students at a 4% interest rate with a 15-year repayment period. One year after the course's conclusion, the EMI will begin. The Jharkhand Skill Mission includes the MMSY programme of the Labor Department. Using this plan, the skill mission will reach the block level, said the labour department official.
"District headquarters are primarily the only places where skill training programmes are offered. With the aid of the new initiative, the skilling programme will be expanded to the block level, said Pravin Toppo, secretary of the labour department. 

"Government now permits usage of abandoned structures or schools during downtime. The adolescents will receive training in various skill-development programmes, including carpentry, tailoring, and sewing, he said. After three months of training, if any trainees are still unemployed, they will receive an unemployment payment of Rs. 1,000 for males and Rs. 1,500 for girls or physically challenged trainees till the end of the first year.

Also, the cabinet approved an increase in the dearness allowance for state government employees from 203% to 2123% in accordance with the sixth pay commission. The construction of a 3.5 km high-level bridge over the Swarnreka river from Sakchi to Mango and Azad Basti received approval from the cabinet for Rs 461 crore. The cabinet also approved spending Rs 4.40 crore to build Ranchi's Palash Mart on Kanke Road.

IIM Bangalore Releases CAT 2022 Mock Test Questions

National Education Day: Things to know about Abul Kalam Azad

Indian Embassy issues advisory for medical students pursuing in China

 

Related News
Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group