Mumbai: The second wave of corona is slowly fading away. Maharashtra, which is among the states worst hit by this second wave, is now slowly getting into the right position. There has been a sharp decline in corona cases. Despite the diminishing corona case here, the Uddhav Thackeray government does not seem to be in any mood to relax. Yes, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said in a statement last Thursday that "restrictions like lockdown due to corona virus in Maharashtra will be extended even after June 1.''
In fact, a recent statement issued by the Chief Minister's Office (CMO) revealed that "the number of daily cases has come down and reached the number recorded in September last year. We still need to be careful. However, a decision on the kind of ban that will continue in Maharashtra after June 1 will be taken only after the Cabinet meeting. It is now expected that the cabinet meeting will be given a concession in a phased manner after some time."
The lockdown-like restrictions are in force in the state in mid-April. On the other hand, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope says that corona cases have come down in the state. The Government now wants to put a further stop to it. In places where corona cases are negligible, some exemptions can be made. However, the decision will be taken in the Chief Minister's meeting itself. Let us also tell all of you that out of 36 districts in Maharashtra, the infection rate in 21 districts is more than 10 per cent.