Manoj Kumar, one of Bollywood's legendary actors, has a birthday today, July 24. Manoj Kumar managed to win the hearts of the audience through his acting in the film industry. He has completed 81 years of his life. On the birthday of this actor who instils a sense of patriotism and rules the heart of the audience. Let us know some of the highlights about him.
* Manoj Kumar, who has made a mark with legendary actors and patriotic characters, was born on July 24 in 1937.
* Manoj Kumar's real name was Harikrishna Giri Goswami.
* Manoj Kumar loved films. His passion for films was such that he named his character as Dilip Kumar in actor Dilip Kumar's "Shabnam".
* Manoj Kumar was born in Abbottabad (now Pakistan). His family fled to Delhi during the partition of the country.
* Manoj Kumar was recognised by the film 'Shahid', based on Bhagat Singh's life, which was released in 1965.
* After the Indo-Pak war in 1965, the then Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri urged Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, to make a film. Manoj Kumar then made the film 'Upkar'.
* Manoj Kumar was given the film 'Haryali Aur Rasta', 'Vo Kaun Tha', 'Shahid', 'Himalaya Ki God Mei', 'Gumnaam', 'Patthar Ke Sanam', 'Upkaar', 'Roti, Kapdaa Aur Makaan', 'Kranti'.
* Manoj Kumar was known to be an actor for patriotic films. So he was named Bharat Kumar. His patriotic films included hits such as 'Shahid', 'Upkar', 'Poorab Aur Paschim'.
* In 1992, the Government of India awarded him the Padma Shri Award.
* Manoj Kumar, who won several Filmfare Awards, was also awarded the National Award for the film 'Upkar'.