Chinese apps have been banned in India. About which Indian American leader Nikki Haley has issued a statement. In her statement, she said that India has shown that it is not going to bow down to China at all. India had banned 59 Chinese applications on Monday which includes TikTok and UC Browser. India said that these apps were prejudicial to the sovereignty, integrity, and security of the country. India has stepped up amidst tensions with China over the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh. On July 15, there was a violent clash in the Galvan Valley between the Chinese and the Indian Army. In this skirmish, 20 soldiers of India sacrificed giving an unmatched appearance of bravery. The Chinese army also suffered heavy losses. Since then, the tension between the two countries increased further.
On Wednesday, Haley told that it is a very good move by India to ban 59 popular app of China. In which the most discussion is being held on TikTok. India is considered one of the largest markets for Chinese apps. India has shown that it will not back down from China's aggression. Prior to the tweet of the former US ambassador to the United Nations, Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo welcomed India's decision in this regard.
Pompeo said on Wednesday that India has banned dozens of Chinese apps. The decision he has welcomed. He issued his statement on India's decision saying that it will promote India's integrity and national security. "We welcome India's ban on some mobile apps that serve as a watchdog for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)," he told reporters at a press conference held at the Fogi Bottom Headquarters of the State Department. In an interview to Fox News, Republican Senator Marco Rubio supported India's move to ban Chinese apps.