For every transaction, PAN card is mainly used in financial transactions. Apart from this, it also acts as an ID card. If you work in organized sector then it is necessary to have PAN card to get salary. You will also have a PAN card, in which the PAN will be marked just below the date of birth. This is a 10 digit alphanumeric number, which everyone wants to understand. Here, let us tell you that these alphanumeric numbers recorded on the PAN card have a special meaning and some kind of information is hidden in them.
For your information, let us tell that to understand the PAN numbers, take your PAN card in your hand. If you look at it now, you will find that an alphanumeric number is written just below the date of birth. PAN begins with some English letters, which are written in capital letters.
1. According to the Income Tax Department, the first three digits of any PAN show the English alphabet series. In this alphabetic series, from AAA to ZZZ, one can have any three-letter series in English. It is decided by the Income Tax Department.
2. The fourth letter of the PAN shows the status of the income tax payer. For example, if there is a P in the fourth place, then it shows that this PAN number is personal, that is, of any one person. At the same time, F shows that the number belongs to a firm. Similarly from C, the company reveals the association of AOP, T to TREST, H to undivided Hindu family, B to BOD of individual, L to local, J to artificial judicial person, G to government.
3. The fifth digit of the PAN is also an English letter. It shows the first letter of the surname of the pancard holder. For example, if someone's surname is Kumar or Khurana, the fifth digit of the PAN will be K.
4. The first letter of the surname is followed by four digits. These numbers can be any four digits between 00001 to 9999. These numbers show the series of income tax department which are running at that time.
5. The 10th digit of the PAN card is also an English letter. According to the Income Tax Department, it can be an alphabet check digit. It can be any letter between A to Z.