Privacy issue taken care of in Digi Yatra: Scindia
Privacy issue taken care of in Digi Yatra: Scindia

NEW DELHI: Digi Yatra is proposed to be undertaken at two airports, Varanasi and Bengaluru in August. Also it will roll out at five airports, Pune, Vijayawada, Kolkata, Delhi and Hyderabad, by March next year.

The Digi Yatra envisages that any traveller may pass through various checkpoints at the airport through paperless and contactless processing, using facial features to prove the identity that would be linked to the boarding pass.

Jyotiraditya Scindia, the minister of civil aviation, stated that the project is based on facial recognition technology and is intended to create contactless, smooth passenger processing at airports (FRT).  The minister claimed that the system, which offers a cost-effective decentralised mobile wallet-based identity management platform and addresses privacy/data protection issues in the deployment of Digi Yatra, has taken care of the privacy issues.

On April 18, the DGCA released an aviation information circular (AIC) following the adoption of the updated Digi Yatra rules.

The Digi Yatra Foundation was established as a joint venture company in 2019 under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013, whose shareholders are AAI (26%) and BIAL, DIAL, GHIAL, MIAL and CIAL, which hold the remaining 74% cent of the shares.

The DYF was set up with the objective of creating the Digi Yatra Central Ecosystem. It is a pan-India entity and the custodian of the passenger ID validation process. It will also develop consensus among the aviation stakeholders in India.

Scindia assumes additional charge of Steel Ministry

Centre exempts excise on ATF for overseas flights

Centre dedicates 166 CNG stations across 14 states: Hardeep Puri


Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group
Related News