Study finds COVID-19 vaccine doesn’t increase risk of preterm birth

Washington: Pregnant women who develop COVID-19 have a higher risk of disease severity and death, however as of September 2021, only 31% of pregnant women in the United States had received immunizations. Concerns about vaccines disrupting pregnancy are one obstacle to vaccine uptake.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released the findings (CDC). A new study led by Yale that looked at over 40,000 pregnant women adds to the body of evidence supporting the safety of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy.

When comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated pregnant people, the study discovered that COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy was not linked to preterm delivery or small-for-gestational-age (SGA).

The researchers discovered that the trimester in which the immunisation was obtained, as well as the amount of COVID-19 vaccine doses received, were not linked to an elevated risk of preterm delivery or SGA.

Researchers found that 10,064 people, or approximately 22% of those in the study, received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dosage during pregnancy. The majority of women (98.3%) were vaccinated during their second or third trimester, while the rest (1.7%) were vaccinated during their first trimester.

Omicron: Almond-curd will save you from cold and these things will strengthen immunity

Obese people at greater risk from omicron, know important symptoms

These things can damage your kidneys, don't even eat by mistake

 

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -