Guwahati: Mizoram Chief Secretary Lalnunmaviya Chuaungo on Friday said that the travel advisory issued by Assam on July 29 has been removed on Thursday night. But still, traffic between the two States has not started so far. He said that we have placed this issue before the Government of Assam. The blockade is expected to be lifted soon.
The Assam government had issued an order on Thursday withdrawing its earlier advice not to visit Mizoram. It said, "In view of the joint statement issued by the representatives of the governments of the two States, the travel advice (advice to the people of Assam not to visit Mizoram) of July 29 is withdrawn. Mizoram CM Zoramthanga had thanked the Assam government in a tweet for withdrawing the advisory.
He had written in his tweet that thank you to the Government of Assam as the Assam government withdrew the travel advisory issued earlier asking the people of Assam not to visit Mizoram. On July 26, there was a violent clash between the police forces of the two states in the disputed border area. Seven persons, including six Assam Police personnel and a civilian, were killed in the violence. More than 50 people were injured. Thereafter, the Matter was intervened by the Central Government.