New Delhi: A 32-year-old man who was allegedly involved in the killing of a popular celebrity on the video-sharing app TikTok Mohit Mor is arrested by Police. The accused was arrested from Najafgarh on Wednesday.
According to the report, The accused has been identified as Sandeep Pehalwan, a resident of Najafgarh. On May 21 Mohit Mor, who was famous for his videos on TikTok, was shot dead by three unidentified assailants. The police had already arrested in connection with the incident.
Police raided Pehalwan's residence and arrested the accused on Monday on the basis of tip-off. said the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Anto Alphonse. During preliminary interrogation of the accused he told police that he was hiding in a secret cellar in his own house and during this period, he was not using any mobile phone in order to safeguard himself from the cops.
The juvenile who was was arrested by the police was found with a country-made pistol and two live cartridges. They were a part of a gang led by one Sandeep Pahalwan and a month back, the juvenile met Pahalwan and expressed his urge to join his gang following a personal enmity with someone. Pahalwan took him in on the condition that he would kill Mohit Mor.
In the investigations, it is found that Pehalwan was the main conspirator behind Mor's killing and he had also supplied arms. Reportedly, the accused hailed from Jhajhar, Haryana and has been involved in five cases of murder, attempt to murder and extortion. During interrogation, the juvenile said that Mangu, an accomplice of Pahalwan who was killed earlier, had invested around Rs 30 lakh in a property in Mohan Garden through Mor. After the murder of Mangu, Mor refused to return the money to Pahalwan and instead took protection from the Manjeet Mahal gang.