Fire: Major blaze breaks out at godowns in Kolkata, No injury reported

A major fire broke out at godowns housed Ultadanga area on Friday early morning, a fire department official said. However, the official informed, nobody was injured in the fire that broke out at the establishment on Canal East Road around 5 AM, he said.

As per details, seven fire tenders were pressed into service and it took them over an hour to douse the blaze. The official said that the reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained what sparked the fire and how much damage was caused by it, he said. 'The blaze might have been caused by an electrical short-circuit following heavy rain on the previous day but further investigation is underway, and the cooling process is on,

Earlier,  in July 6, a major fire had broken out at godowns housed at an old building in the city's BBG Bag area, wherein at least 16 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the blaze, which broke out at the godowns, stacked with rubber, located on the ground and first floor of the building on Strand Road. 

 

India Covid Roundup: 44,230 new COVID-19 cases, overall tally at 31.57 Million

Goa's new airport to be operational by August 2022

Goa CM changed tone on safety of girls, said- 'Don't give place to misunderstanding'

 

- Sponsored Advert -

Most Popular

- Sponsored Advert -