In Hinduism, observing fast of Hartalika Teej is very important. On this day, married women observe 'Nirjala' fast for long life of husband. Bachelor girls also observe this fast to get a suitable groom. All women and girls worship Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva on this day. Shri Ganesh is also called during this time. Women and girls should also know about the rules of observing fast. Know about the rule of observing fast of Hartalika Teej.
Rules of Teej fast
- Everyone is familiar with the fact that married women and bachelor girls observe this fast. Observing fast is fine but it is difficult to maintain consistency. Once you observe the fast, then you have to observe this fast throughout the life.
- If a woman or girl is in a situation where they cannot observe the fast, then this fast can be kept in their place by another woman of the house or by the woman's husband.
- On the day of fast, women should keep control over their anger. It is considered appropriate to apply mehndi for this reason.
- Husband and wife live on this day with peace and love. It should be the effort of both to get the full results of the fast.
- Hartalika Teej's fast is a Nirjala fast. That is, women cannot drink water on this day. Consumption of milk and sugar is also prohibited. If the woman eats something during this time, then she does not get the fruits of the fast.
- The fast is taken after bathing etc. before observing the fast, while the fast of Teejika Teej is opened the next day after sunrise after offering vermilion to Goddess Parvati.