Share:
Islamic State claims responsibility for Shia mosque blast, death toll crosses 60
Islamic State claims responsibility for Shia mosque blast, death toll crosses 60

PESHAWAR: ISIS has taken responsibility for Friday's blast in Pakistan's Peshawar. The death toll since the blast has risen to 62. Meanwhile, the Pakistan Home Minister has spoken of taking the perpetrators of the suicide attack into custody soon. On Friday, during Friday prayers, an ISIS-Khurasan-related suicide bomber has also carried out the blast in the Shia mosque.

Death toll rises to 62: Five more of those injured in Saturday's blast lost their lives in hospital. After this, the total number of deaths so far has increased to 62. Muhammad Asim, a spokesman for Peshawar's Lady Reading Hospital, said the death toll in the mosque blast had risen to 62. Five others lost their lives amid treatment on Saturday. This figure is expected to increase further.

All the accused in the blast have been identified: According to the information received so far, Pakistan Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed has said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police and investigating agencies have identified all the three suspects associated with the attack. Soon all the accused will also be taken into custody. In a video message shared on Twitter, Ahmed said the accused in connection with the attack are going to be taken into custody in two to three days' time. According to Peshawar police, the blast in the mosque was a suicide attack. A total of two people were involved in the incident, but only one of them was a suicide bomber.

Bomb fell from aircraft near Ratangarh Mata Temple amid Russia-Ukraine war, people shocked

Man did not come from Ukraine itself sent the dog to India

Russian rocket fell on father's grave, Ukrainian flared up

Related News
Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group