You may have heard of Appam, if you haven't eaten, you can make it at home and try this time. Appam is a deliciously sweet, made with rice and fried, a South Indian dish. It is eaten a lot in the South. Nei means ghee and appam means pancake. So we're going to tell you about the recipes for making Nei Appam. This recipe is made from appam almonds, coconut, jaggery, and soaked rice. So, let's find out how to make appam at home this time.
Contents of Nei Appam
1 cup of raw rice
3/4 cup jaggery
2 small bananas
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tablespoon coconut, grated
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp ghee/drizzle oil
1. Soak the rice in water for 3 hours.
2. Mix jaggery in water and heat it lightly till it dissolves completely. Drain it aside.
3. Take out the rice water and grind it with jaggery and make a paste. Pour water if needed.
4. Add the banana to the rice and jaggery paste and when the banana is well mixed, flip the percast in a bowl once.
5. Check the thickness of the paste. It should be as thick as the Dosa batter.
6. Add cardamom powder and kaddused coconut and mix the batter well.
7. Put aside for 2 hours to get yeast in the batter.
8. Add baking soda and mix the batter well before frying.
9. Heat the appam pan and add ghee to each of its holes. Insert the batter in each hole. When one side is cooked, flip the other side comfortably.
10. Cook until both sides are dark brown. Are ready to serve it.