For many of us, mornings can be hectic. Just getting yourself together and logging in timely for work leaves little time to prepare a well-balanced breakfast. On the other hand, working on an empty stomach may reduce your ability to concentrate and leave you with lower energy in the morning. When it’s between choosing convenience or nutrition, we all know which one tends to suffer. Not to worry. Overnight oats recipe with California walnuts is the solution to your breakfast dilemma! You can prepare it the night before you start your day off with the right kind of fuel for whatever lies ahead.
Try out these overnight oats recipes that are indulgent yet healthy for a nutritious start to the day with California walnuts, curated by Celebrity Chef Sabyasachi Gorai.
Banana Bread Overnight Oats
3 ripe bananas, sliced
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup chopped California walnuts, divided
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 cups skim milk
1. In a large container with a lid, add sliced bananas. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash the bananas until smooth.
2. Add oats, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, half of the chopped walnuts, maple syrup and milk to the bananas. Combine thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
3. To serve, divide the oats into four serving dishes, such as mason jars or glass containers with lids. Top each serving with remaining chopped walnuts before serving. The overnight oats will last up to 5 days in the fridge, though the oats will soften more the longer they sit.
Walnut Chia Overnight Oats
2 ½ cups milk
1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Assorted fresh berries (optional toppings)
1. Stir together all ingredients except toppings in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Spoon into small bowls and top with additional walnuts and berries.