Sumit Nagal gets direct entry into US Open singles main draw

Aug 05 2020 05:29 PM
Sumit Nagal gets direct entry into US Open singles main draw

India's youth tennis player Sumit Nagal has got direct entry into the US Open singles main draw, as many top players have withdrawn the name from this grand slam starting on 31 August. According to the tournament website, the world's number 127 player Nagal is the last player to get admission. Nagal is the only Indian player in this, while Prajnesh Gunneswaran missed the 132nd position in the ranking.

Last year, Sumit Nagal won a set for the first time in a match against Roger Federer while playing here. He was defeated by 6.4, 1.6, 2.6, 4.6. Nagal said, "Nice to enter the Grand Slam main draw again. I have played only once so far but understand that the situation is not the same this year. I will go to America playing Challenger tournament in the Czech Republic. 'He said,' I do not have many expectations. I just want to enjoy my game."

He said he would not have to live in Quarantine in New York. He said, 'We have to live in a bio-safe area. We can only go to court from the hotel. 'Federer and Rafael Nadal are not participating in the tournament this time. Former champions Stan Wawrinka, Nick Kyrgios, Fabio Fognini and Gael Monfils have also withdrawn their names.

Know who scored first double and triple century in the Test

Morgan surpasses Dhoni in cases of hitting most sixes

Nadal will not play in US Open due to Corona scare