Over four hundred people have got infected with salmonella bacteria in many regions of America. Some similar cases have also been reported in Canada. According to a report, sixty people have also got admission in the hospital due to being infected with this bacteria. It is being said that these people have fallen ill after eating these infected onions supplied by a company.
According to the news, people of 31 states of America have been victims of this poisoning. However, these onions supplied through a company named Thomson International are being held responsible. Thomson International has also admitted that this investigation has revealed that people have become infected due to eating red onion. However, the company is now getting all kinds of onions back from the market. Symptoms like diarrhea, fever and abdominal pain are seen in people who get infected with salmonella. If someone gets infected with this bacteria, then these symptoms can emerge within six hours to six days. People usually remain ill due to this bacteria for four to seven days. Salmonella has the highest effect on children below five years of age and those above 65 years of age.
Let us tell you that sometimes the infection of this bacteria can spread to other parts of the body after the intestines. In such a situation, it is very necessary to admit people in the hospital. The Food and Drug Administration of America is trying to find out whether the infection of salmonella is spread by any substance other than onions.