Eating a wholesome diet offers numerous health benefits that keep you mentally and physically fit. When you talk about good health, nutritious food plays an extremely crucial role for the body to function optimally. While we all know that eating healthy isn’t always easy, but committing to a healthy diet can be one of the smartest decisions you have ever made. So make your meal more nourishing by adding the extra goodness of California walnuts.
An excellent source of omega-3, antioxidants, and fiber, California walnuts are identified as nutrient dense powerhouses. Their flavour and dynamic nature combined with high nutrition profile make them an ideal go-to-nut for any snack or meal. So, try out these recipes full of nutrients to make your day extra healthy and nutrition rich, specially curated by Celebrity Chef Sabyasachi Gorai.
Recipe: Make motichoor's laddu at home for Bappa
1. California Walnut, Avocado And Fruit Smoothie Bowl
400g carrots, sliced
4 slices of pineapple, in juice
½ teaspoon of grated ginger
60g California walnuts, halves
1. In the blender, mix: carrots, half of the walnuts, juice of oranges, pineapple slices, milk and ginger.
2. Serve in bowls and garnish with California walnuts, grated coconut and grated ginger.
Do these 5 Things To Keep Yourself Fit
2. Five Ingredient California Walnut Energy Bars
100g California walnuts (plus 16 California walnut halves for decorating)
200g medjool dates
150g dried cranberries
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 heaped teaspoon beetroot powder
1. Place 100g of California walnuts into a food processor and blend into a fine meal. Add dates, cranberries and cocoa powder and process until the mixture is smooth and sticks together to form one lump.
2. Line a small square baking tray and pour the mixture onto it. With the back of a metal spoon, flatten the mixture into a smooth even layer. Place it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour or overnight.
3. Once chilled, dust the top with the beetroot powder, cut it into 16 bars and top each one with a California walnut half and store in an air tight container.
5 Amazing and healthy benefits of Maple Syrup
3. Homemade, Vegan and Gluten-Free California Walnut Nachos with Guacamole
140g maize flour
120g sunflower seeds
20g California walnuts
60ml extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 medium tomato
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
1 teaspoon cayenne
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Chop the sunflower seeds and walnuts.
3. Put all the ingredients of the nachos in a big bowl and mix them with a wooden spoon. Add oil and combine it. Add water little by little, until the flour sticks together and forms a nice dough ball. If it’s wet, continue mixing up until it gets dry.
4. Divide the dough in two balls and place one of them between two baking sheets. Using a rolling pin, extend the dough until it has a thickness of 2 mm and mark with a knife the lines to break or separate them.
5. Retire the baking sheet off the top of the dough and place them in an oven tray. Bake around 10 minutes or until it turns gold. Let it cool and chop. Repeat with the same with the other ball.
1. Cut tomato and onion in little cubes.
2. Cut avocados, retire the filling and place it in a bowl. Using a fork or a wooden spoon, smash the avocado flesh and pour lemon juice so they do not rust.
3. Add tomato, onion, salt, cayenne and coriander into the bowl. Mix it until smooth.
4. Serve it with the walnut nachos.
Even the domestic way can tell whether you are pregnant or not
The tea leaves left after tea are beneficial for health and beauty
Do you know how beneficial sprouts are for the eyes