Situated on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf, Dubai is the most populous city of the United Arab Emirates, considered as one of the leading cities in the world. It is so developed and sophisticated city of United Arab Emirates. Here are 10 interesting facts about Dubai.
1. Located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf with a population of 2,327,000 residents (at the end of 2014), Dubai is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
2. In addition to being a leading global city, Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the country known as the United Arab Emirates or simply the “Emirates” or the “UAE.”
3. Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the only two of the seven emirates to have veto power
4. Although English is widely used, Arabic is the official language of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
5. The crime rate in Dubai is so low. Virtually it is 0% across Dubai. That is why this city is considered one of the safest cities on earth.
6. Dubai’s Burj Khalifa – rising to a height of 2,722 feet – is the world’s tallest building
7. The Dubai International Airport (DXB) was the seventh busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic in 2014
8. Kissing in public in Dubai is strictly illegal and can result in deportation
9. Only non-Muslims are allowed to consume alcohol
10. Visitors to Dubai are prohibited from wearing “indecent clothing” that reveals too much skin.