Three-year-old child dies after consuming coin in Kerala

Aug 02 2020 04:57 PM
Three-year-old child dies after consuming coin in Kerala

Kochi: A three-year-old child accidentally swallowed a coin in Aluva city in Kerala, killed him. The family has alleged that the government hospitals refused yo admit him where the child was taken for treatment as he came from the Corona Prohibited Zone (COVID-19 containment zone).

State Health Minister KK Shailaja termed the incident as "extremely unfortunate" and asked the Principal Secretary (Health) to submit a detailed investigation and submit a report. He said in a statement that if any mistake is found, strict action will be taken. The child's parents alleged that he was refused treatment because he is a resident of Kadungallur near Aluva, which falls under the Covid-19 prohibited area.

He said that this incident of swallowing the coin surfaced on Saturday morning, after which the child's family rushed him to Aluva Government Hospital. Where the child's x-ray was done. The doctors examined the child there and he was rushed to the Government Medical College Hospital, Alappuzha for better medical care. He was not admitted there either. At the same time investigation is going on in this matter.

Also Read-

Kerala Nun Rape Case: Accused Bishop Goes To SC, Seeks To End Case

Schools and colleges can be opened in this state from September

There are no symptoms of corona, I can be discharged tomorrow: Shivraj Singh Chouhan

Popular Stories