Leh: The Central Government on August 5 abolished the special status from Jammu and Kashmir and divided the state into two Union Territories. Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh were formed as two separate Union Territories. This was the old demand of Ladakh. After meeting this demand, there is a festive atmosphere. But at the same time, they have some concerns. The people of Ladakh are demanding the Central Government to declare it as a tribal area. The National Commission for Scheduled Tribes has also recommended to the Central Government in this regard. But he has recommended it not under the Sixth Schedule, not the Fifth. Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram have been declared as tribal areas under the Fifth Schedule.
These States come under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. On the other hand, four North East States have tribal status under the Sixth Schedule. These come under the State Home Ministry. Ladakhis want to get tribal status for themselves so that people from other parts of the country are not able to come and settle there. They will not be in danger of changing the demographics of Ladakh. At the same time, their privileges on the land will also be protected. After the declaration of tribal areas, Ladakh will get a major share of the central funds allocated to the states and union territories. The funds allocated to the States are called general central assistance and have a ratio of 30:70.
The 30 per cent share of the NCA goes to 11 special states, while the remaining 70 per cent fund is distributed in the rest of the states. In addition, 90 per cent of central government schemes in states are funded by the Centre, while the remaining 10 per cent is given to states as loans without interest. Ladakh will officially become a union territory from October 31, so the laws applicable in other parts of the country will also come into force there. In Ladakh too, the right to buy land will also be given to the people of the country. To avoid this, Ladakh has sought tribal status for itself. According to the 2011 census, 50 per cent of Ladakh's population is tribal. Ladakh has long been accusing Kashmir of discrimination.
Case Filed Against Veterinarian After Pet Dog of CM Dies
Three foreign nationals entered illegally in India, Meghalaya Police arrested
CBI files 12 cases against gangster Chhota Rajan and his other associates
Nitin Gadkari admits economy is in bad times, says 'Kabhi Khushi Hoti Hain Kabhi Gam'