Tragic House Fire Claims Woman's Life in Delhi
Tragic House Fire Claims Woman's Life in Delhi

New Delhi: Tragedy struck in New Delhi as a 48-year-old woman lost her life due to asphyxiation, while her husband and two sons sustained injuries in a devastating house fire that occurred in Palam, located in southwest Delhi, during the early hours of Tuesday morning. According to local authorities, the family was fast asleep when the fire erupted in their residence situated in gali number 17 of Palam at approximately 2 a.m.

In response to the emergency, three fire tenders were swiftly dispatched to the scene. Containing the blaze proved to be a challenging task, taking a grueling three hours to gain control. The Delhi Fire Service (DFS) reported that, with the assistance of courageous fire personnel and concerned neighbors, the other family members were successfully evacuated from the inferno. However, Renu Gupta, tragically, remained trapped within the engulfed house. It was only after the fire was finally brought under control that rescuers were able to retrieve her lifeless body, which had been partially charred by the intense flames.

Reports from the authorities indicate that the victim's husband, identified as Pappu Gupta, and her two sons sustained minor burn injuries during the ordeal. Following the incident, they were promptly transported to a nearby hospital for medical treatment.

As the investigation into the tragic incident unfolds, the initial suspicion points towards a potential short circuit as the likely cause of the fire. The local police and fire service are collaborating to delve deeper into the circumstances surrounding this unfortunate event, with the hope of shedding light on the precise cause and the sequence of events that led to this devastating loss of life.

Join NewsTrack Whatsapp group
Related News