This tricolour treat makes brilliant use of India's vibrant colours and flavours.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients Of Mawe Ka Bhutta
1.5 L milk, 6% fat
200 gm sugar
50 gm pistachio paste
A few strands of saffron
50 gm mango pulp
10 gm pista, chopped
150 gm cashew nut powder
How to Make Mawe Ka Bhutta
1. Take a thick bottomed pan over medium flame; add cashew nut powder and half of the sugar. Cook it well to form a very thick mixture/paste. Keep aside for cooling.
2. Take milk in a thick bottomed pan, add sugar and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the flame and continue stirring so that it doesn't burn from the bottom.
3. Stir until it becomes thick like milk solid (mawa).
4. Divide the mawa into three equal parts; add pista paste in one, mango pulp in another, and keep one part as it is.
5. Using your hands, make small balls out of the tricoloured mawa.
6. Roll the cashew paste into small cylinders.
7. Arrange the little mawa balls on the cashew roll to resemble bhutta.
8. Garnish with saffron and chopped pistachio. Serve cold.