Mumtaz Mahal was the wife of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
She died on June 17, in the year 1631. her maiden name was Arjumand Banu Begum. at the age of 14, she was married to Shah Jahan.
She was the unquestioned love of the emperor. Most of us know only a few things about her that the beautiful building of taj mahal was build in her love.
1. Finding her appearance irresistible and beauty that was out of words to express, it was Shah Jahan who named her 'Mumtaz Mahal'
2. Shah Jahan loved her so much that he even gave her his imperial seal, the Muhr Uzah which was not used by anyone except him.
3. they were married for 19 years in which they had 14 children and Mumtaz dies giving birth to one of the children.
4. when she dies, she was pregnant and on tour with husband in the region on Deccan plateau
5. The construction of the Taj Mahal began in 1632, a year after her death by the time her body was buried in a garden.
6. It is believed since years that Shah Jahan had cut the hands of the workers to stop them from making anything like that of the Taj Mahal.