Mumbai Indians (MI) defeat Delhi Capitals (DC) by 40 runs at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium. However DC leg-spinner Amit Mishra achieved a big feat against MI. The veteran bowler became the first Indian to complete 150 wickets in the IPL. Mishra has played 140 matches in the premier T20 tournament at a strike rate of 19.63 and an impressive economy of 7.38.
The Leg-spinner is now only the second ever bowler after Lasith Malinga to take 150 IPL wickets. Mishra has now emerged as the second highest wicket-taker in the cash-rich league. Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) Piyush Chawla is also not far behind as he needs just 4 wickets to achieve the feat while Dwayne Bravo is seven wickets behind.
Mishra scalped the wicket of MI skipper Rohit Sharma to finally get achieve this feat. On the first ball of the seventh over of the innings, Mishra bamboozled Rohit as the ball crashed into his middle stumps
The list of top wicket taking bowler in IPL
1. Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka) - 161 wickets in 114 matches:
2. Amit Mishra (India) - 150 wickets in 140 matches:
3. Piyush Chawla (India) - 146 wickets in 152 matches
4. Dwayne Bravo (West Indies) - 143 wickets in 126 matches:
5. Harbhajan Singh (India) - 141 wickets in 153 matches: